Latin dictionary app for macOS
iWords is no longer under active development. It works fine, and bug fixes will continue, but no new features or enhancements will be done. If you're interested in taking over iWords development, please reach out to me.
12 MB. Requires macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) or later.
- 📖Built on Words by William Whitaker, a venerable Latin dictionary and parsing program
- 🔄Search in Latin-to-English or English-to-Latin
- 🏕No Internet connection required
- 🔋Easy on battery life and system resources
- 🔌Plugs into system services and Shortcuts so you can take advantage of macOS's powerful automation tools.
- 🔧Flexible — customize the toolbar, open as many windows and tabs as you need, change the font, and do anything with keyboard shortcuts
- ♿️Fully accessible
- ℹ️Includes an offline Help manual
- 🏛Open-source — see source code on GitHub